Tuesday, June 15, 2010

.30 day journal challenge: day 1 and 2.



so, today i did day 1 and 2 of run with scissors' 30 day journal challenge. i haven't decorated the cover of my journal yet, since i just bought it today. i did buy some really nice pens though and i am really excited to use them and get all creative-like.

day one - Journal Prompt Number 1: Create a full page design introducing yourself
Highlight your name many times in the midst of your design.

i guess i missed the part where i had to use my name over and over . . . maybe i'll go back and add to it. instead i put my name in the middle and surrounded it by images of things that are a part of who i am.

journal prompt #2 - What is the BEST part of your day?

it was really hard for me to pick just one thing . . . some days it's coffee, some days it's going out to breakfast with the man-friend, some days it's snuggling with the pup, or gardening, or being with friends, or dancing until my feet hurt, or going on a hike . . . so i tried to think of one thing i LOOOOOVE every. single. day. and that is hitting the snooze button and snuggling back down for "just 5 more minutes" surrounded and safe with my little family. that's the best.

i think i will go back through and add color to these pages, as well as spend some time decorating the cover of my journal.

for now? i will be hitting the shower, eating the LAST PIECE of strawberry rhubarb pie and going to bed. i am pretty tired tonight after my first derby practice in a while (i hurt my back, bummed out, and couldn't skate for a bit). hopefully i feel awesome tomorrow and can hit the track again tomorrow night (after spending some time in my garden in the morning of course) . . .

good night, loves!

1 comment:

* said...

What wonderful pages! Your drawing is terrific, makes mine look childlike. lol