Wednesday, March 02, 2011

.pizza.

i made pizza.

you can too.

it goes like this:

one package of trader joe's pizza dough (in the fridge section by the hummus). i used the herbed one. nom nom noms. (i've tried to make my own pizza dough and have not succeeded . . . yet).

roll it out on your baking stone and top it with:

organic fig spread (not too much or it will be too sweet)
goat's milk brie (from happy goats)
caramelized organic onions (i use a tiny bit of sugar, olive oil and red wine vinegar over a low heat)
sauteed organic kale (chopped in tiny pieces) seasoned with garlic
sliced organic pears

bake it at 400 degrees until the crust is as cooked through as you like it to be.

chow down.

2 comments:

arwen said...

...if I were a goat, I would ALWAYS be happy... jumpin on ish and eatin whatever I wanted... pfft... I'd be the happiest goat ever.

astitchintime said...

Great recipe here. We had friends over and we made 5 pizzas (one gluten free). We had so many ingredients. Pesto, tomatoes, artichoke, peppers, garlic, and olives. I have to say, I recommend finding a second hand bread machine. I got mine at Savers and it makes awesome pizza dough in about an hour and a half.