Thursday, March 11, 2010

.it's the littles things #2.

things that make me happy . . . matryoshkas.

yummy.


i posted earlier here about these awesome matryoshka measuring cups made by fred and friends. the company had sold out of them over the holidays and i waited patiently for them to be back in stock. sadly, when they did show up online, they were over $25 with shipping to order online!!! lucky for me, i took a guilty pleasure trip for dinner with my roommate L for crepes followed by a roam through urban outfitters and what did i find? these for $12!!!!



each half of each doll is perfectly measured out. 1 cup, 3/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 2/3 cup. 1/3 cup, and 1/4 cup. so sweet!



the other thing that makes me happy is REAL russian staking dolls. i made friends with this one while i was living in Alaska . . . it took me a while to find one that was actually made in russia instead of china. and i really really really loved these bare wood colored dolls with gold glitter - so pretty!




----------

well, off to make granola and wait impatiently to hear if i have passed to scrimmage status for roller derby (we took our rules and scrimmage assessments on tuesday)! if i did that means i get to start using my name and attending sunday night scrimmages! hello and welcome more bruises to my body (got a nice bruise on my jaw at practice last night followed by a purple toenail from dropping a pan on my foot this morning . . . booooo . . . but at least i can feel these things because i am ALIVE and LIVING MY LIFE! yes!).

No comments: