Thursday, July 22, 2010

.30 day journal challenge - almost done! (a little late, i know).

.


i know the 30 day challenge has been over for a while . . . and i DID all my pages (except the last 3 . . i think i am just avoiding ending the thing cause i liked it so much)...

so here they are - a little late (and you can see the pencil on some of them because i can't find my gummy eraser- that's how much of a hot mess i am right now).


Journal Prompt 18: Music is one of my most favorite things ever!! It translates emotions that I can't even imagine putting into words. I love it. Today I want you to create a playlist of some kind. It can be your summer playlist, your July playlist, songs from your wedding day, or favorite songs of all time :) This one will be another fun one to look at down the road :)
i picked our wedding soundtrack . . .
1) candle lighting song "the three of us" by ben harper (instrumental)
2) seating of grandmothers, mothers and entrance of groom: "bridge over troubled waters" by simon and garfunkle (i KNOW! big hippie!)
3) entrance of wedding party: "forever" by ben harper
4) entrance of BRIDE (and flowergirls) "songbird" original by fleetwood mac, covered by denison witmer
5) unity candle ceremony: a song written and played for us by our good friend jacob white.
6) recessional: "tonight, tonight" by the smashing pumpkins (we were children of the 90s, i guess)

Journal Prompt 19: Today I want you to create a "guide to your city." What are the must-see things that you would want a visitor to experience in your city. This can guide can be for your city, town, or state. I am really excited to see these and to maybe even use them in my future when traveling!! Have fun with this!!!


i picked my favorite things about providence, RI where i currently live . . . come and visit and we'll do all these things!!

Journal Prompt 20: Here is the age old question, what is in your bag?? This has always been a great photo prompt that i have seen all over the blog world. Today, you are going to write about the contents of YOUR bag, or illustrate it, or take a picture of it, whatever :D
things in my purse: cds (the new she & him and the new jakob dylan), my ipod, pens, lots and lots of change, free drink ticket from a roller derby party, my passport, car charger for my phone, chapstick made by the wonderful neo hippie mama, cortizone cream for my bug bites, natural hand santitizer from whole foods, cell phone, keys, my wallet with the owl on it . . . sunglases . . . more . . .

Journal Prompt 21: What is your most favorite quote? A quote that inspires you, or your mantra. I literally have 4 journals from college filled with quotes that inspire me and make me smile. Today is the day to share your inspiring words with your friends :)
i have a magnet with this quote on it up in my massage studio. i constantly need it to remind me to calm down, breathe and give myself a little grace.


Journal Prompt 22: Today I want to know what your favorite holiday is!! There are soooo many holidays out there and the cool thing is that they differ depending on where you live, your family, and your religion. Teach me all about your favorite holiday and why it's your favorite :)
i never really got to celebrate many holidays growing up . . . just birthdays and christmas and thanksgiving and easter (but with no easter bunny and no baskets! and def NO halloween!) . . . it has a lot to do with my parents and their religious beliefs. but NOW i get to choose for myself and my family what holidays are important to observe, and while the man-friend and i aren't terribly religious at the time being, we do like to follow the marking of the seasons with different celebrations. the man-friend observed lent this year. and i. really. love. advent. i had never even heard of it while growing up. it wasn't something i knew about until maybe the last 4 years or so - but i LOVE birthdays and christmas and the idea of spending an entire MONTH anticipating the arrival of a holiday? fantastic! i love the symbolism behind each candle and the idea of coming together and talking about them as a family. it's sort of like a version of chanukah or something. i really like it. i mean c'mon, i celebrate my birthday for a week if i can get away with it! why not celebrate christmas for a month?


Journal Prompt 23: Today I want you to fill an entire page in your journal with one of the elements of art. As an art teacher, I have to talk about all of the elements of art...daily.
Here they are:
1. Line
2. Color
3. Shape
4. Space
5. Texture
6. Form
i chose space (negative space drawing of the sunglasses) and line to create the space and textures. i like it.

Journal Prompt 24: What is your most favorite place in the world? Is it a country, a town, a room, a secret place that no one else knows about? I know you have one, I want to see it!!
my favorite place . . . i have really been homesick a lot lately. i think it's summer and springtime that are the worst. who am i kidding? i ALWAYS miss home.

Journal Prompt 25: I want you to think about your day today. If you had to describe to me in one word, or one short phrase what would it be?? Us this phrase or word repeatedly on your page, trying out new fonts :)
well it was.

Journal Prompt 26: Today you are going to write out your favorite recipe!! This can be written, illustrated, cut and pasted, something. It is always really good to document these small little pieces of your life. Don't you think?
BEER BREAD!!! try it! so easy and SO GOOD! it really impresses the men for some reason. let me know what you think.


i have 4 more prompts to post and i'll be honest, i haven't done them yet. but i will!!!!


----------

yep, been homesick, been hot, got the WORST sunburn at beach day #4 yesterday, working a lot, looking forward to a few camping trips, my birthday and a special wedding anniversary next month and then . . . school starts again for the man-friend. how is summer almost over?

got an AWESOME post card from some very special friends today! they wrote a lovely note and picked an AWESOME card - you can't see it, but the rest of the postcard says "stumptown coffee roasters." the most delicious coffee that could ever be roasted comes from these fine people.
it's good to have love in your life, isn't it?

No comments: