Tuesday, January 19, 2010

.roller girl.

so, i've been going through the process of trying out for the providence roller derby. we had our last stage of the process tonight - interviews. besides having a gurgley stomach, i think i did all right. i was totally at ease and very open about myself (my alternative health leanings, my love of communal living, my ridiculous love of all things DIY and crafts, etc) . . . i know that i have done the best that i can do in all areas of assessment. my skill level has skyrocketed in the last few months as i have done my best to keep up with the learning curve. and all this has not gone to waste: in practice tonight we did some hitting drills. oh. so. AWESOME! i love it! i am still getting the hang of how to put my ample booty to good use . . . but i am confident that i am on the right track.

i love this sport.

in case you don't know much about it, i'll leave you with this video:

2 comments:

sara said...

have you seen WHIP IT?

SUCH a good movie!

tabitha jane said...

i did! i went and saw it with my sister when it came out! loved the themes about the relationships with her parents especially. so good!